Trey Cox specializes in courtroom fights between businesses. His jury trial experience and courtroom success have earned him the distinction of being Board Certified as a Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Trey represents Fortune 500 corporations, entrepreneurs, and leading firms in a wide array of industries. His dedication to his clients and winning track record have repeatedly earned him recognition as one of the top trial lawyers in the country.
Trey is a thought leader in the legal industry. He has published numerous books, articles, and white papers seeking to change and modernize trial advocacy.
Winning the Jury’s Attention: Presenting Evidence from Voir Dire to Closing, by Trey Cox, American Bar Association, 2011.
- How to Recover Attorneys’ Fees in Texas, by Trey Cox & Jason Dennis, Texas Lawyer, 2011.
- The Texas Jury Rules, by the Hon. James M. Stanton & Trey Cox, 2011.
- “The Courtroom as a Short-Attention Span Theater,” The National Law Journal, 2009.
- “Using Demonstrative Evidence to Win,” Trial Practice Journal, American Bar Association, 2008.
- “In Closing: Strategies for Creating and Arming Friendly Jurors in the Closing Argument,” Texas Bar Journal, April 2008.
- “The Jury Speaks: Lessons from Actual Post-Trial Juror Interviews” presented at The 2012 Litigation Counsel of America Spring Conference with James Stanton (Santa Barbara, California, May 2012).
- “The Ten Rules Every Juror Wants Every Young Lawyer to Know” presented to the Law Clerks and Summer Interns in the Dallas Division of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas in the courtroom of United States District Judge Ed Kinkeade with James Stanton (Dallas, Texas, June 2011).
- “What Every Juror Wants Every Trial Lawyer to Know and Do in the Courtroom” presented at the Annual Meeting of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association with Lisa Blue Baron and James Stanton (Austin, Texas; June 2011).
- “The Jury Speaks: Tips from Jurors to Prevail in Your Next Jury Trial” presented to the Dallas Bar Association Trial Skills Section with United States District Judge W. Royal Furgeson, Jr. and James Stanton (Dallas, Texas, January 2011).
- “Dinner and a Movie: Jurors Tell You How to Be a Better Trial Court Judge” presented at the 2010 College for Newly Appointed and Elected Judges by the Texas Center for the Judiciary with James Stanton (Austin, Texas, December 2010).
- “Ever Wonder What They Are Thinking: The Jury Speaks Featuring Videotaped Exit Interviews from Jurors” presented to the Garland Walker Inn of Court with United States District Judge Gray H. Miller, United States Bankruptcy Judge Jeff Bohm, and James Stanton (Houston, Texas, December 2010).
- “Jury Box Gossip: What Juries Say Behind Closed Doors” presented at the Understanding Juries Seminar at the Advanced Civil Trial Course sponsored by the State Bar of Texas with James Stanton (San Antonio, Texas; July 2010).